|Day Low/High||1,395.95 / 1,417.00|
|52 Wk Low/High||1,008.87 / 1,530.74|
I am taking off some Alphabet now. Still medium-sized. Reduced reward vs. risk is my reason.
Tests, masks, contact tracing, anti-virals. Are those too much to ask?
* Shorting selected growth names now With the S&P Index +63 handles and the Nasdaq +245 points, I have shorted at $170.84 and several other more speculative growthy names in the continued move from value to growth. (I already have good exposure in w...
I did warn publicly back in another epoch that quantitative easing would lead toward increased consumer level inflation.
As testing expands, drug trials proceed and tech greats are providing a tracking app, I think we're inching toward going back to work -- and further away from going so low again.
The seeds of this government takeover of markets were planted more than a decade ago.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
Everyone from game publishers to chip developers to game-streaming websites appears to be getting a lift.
* I reduced my net long exposure today from large to medium-sized * I based my move on the large (+19%) and abrupt 10-day market advance from the lows that has taken the S&P close to its "fair market value" and that had reduced the upside/downside e...
In response to the S&P Index approaching my "fair market value" (of 2800), and in light of the magnitude of the move from about 2185 to 2750, I have made the following moves this morning: * I have reduced my very large position to medium-sized * I h...
It could make the difference if the debt and equity markets remained thawed after a brief period of freezing.
As Apple and Google respectively deal with softening smartphone and ad demand, mobile app downloads and usage are growing strongly.
Now that the service economy is pretty much stopped in its tracks, here are promising areas, including technology as manufacturing, to consider.
* Financials and Tech dominate my top individual holdings I have been continually buying the weakness in Facebook . The shares have recently moved into my Top 10 individual long holdings. Alphabet and Amazon - two other FANG components - reside in t...
Things will be different after Covid-19 and one change will be in how people care about themselves.
There's no need to own stocks as a group and no need to crowd into widely-owned individual names.
It's a paradigm shift that all started with Zoom and Cisco's Webex.
Here's what you should consider instead during this fear of missing out time -- and know that stock picking should be back in vogue soon.
The Snapchat parent was burning cash going into this year, and it's now likely seeing its ad sales slump and its cloud infrastructure expenses spike.
The Holy Grail right now are the few companies thriving and that will keep going after this is over, but there are others who will rebound and some who will not.
At the end of the day, investors really have only three choices to make when managing an investment portfolio -- buy, hold, or sell.
Let's check the charts of GOOGL to see what they suggest for the near-term.
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
* Ns over Ss! * The lingering impact of COVID-19 on our behavior helps to explain my large long investments in Google, Amazon and Twitter * Banks were the problem in the last recession, they will be part of the solution over the next few years I am ...
I added to , , , , , , and this morning. A reminder that yesterday I initiated new positions in , , , , and .
I wonder if we are seeing the first sign of the market catching its breath.
* The market outlook will be a function of economics and emotion -- I am more optimistic of the outcome than most * Uncertainties and, now panic, are reflected in uneven and inconsistent market swings on a daily and evenly hourly basis * But, uncert...
I haven't seen anything in the past three weeks that I haven't seen before, but I just can't model this reaction to Covid-19, so I can't call a bottom.
Let's talk about opportunities amid the coronavirus crisis, and how Fed Chair Jerome Powell took bold action that puts us in a better position than before.