|Day Low/High||2,601.73 / 2,697.31|
|52 Wk Low/High||1,797.28 / 3,019.33|
IT giants are leaning on their balance sheets to convince reluctant customers to make new purchases.
Deutsche Bank takes price target of from $35 to $22, from $280 to $200 and from $1700 to $1500 - all based on adverse advertising spends over the balance of 2020. I recently sold my entire long positions in FB and GOOGL. I have been adding to TWTR.
The S&P 500 is no longer a diversified index.
I sold out the balance of my "growthy" names -- the last one being Facebook today. We know that search term and ads on Alphabet's Google and Facebook have plunged by 20% in the past 30 days. (It's one of the reasons I sold Google as well as a changi...
A reminder that, as of Friday, I am totally out of Alphabet and Amazon - and I have pivoted out of growth into value. I have shorted Apple , which is now priced as a growth stock and is no longer a "value" name. (Apple is my Trade of the Week, short...
It's possible you could wake up to M&A news one day and owning this stock will no longer be an option.
The vast majority of the universe of ETFs are vulnerable to market dislocations.
* I have sold out the balance of my long standing "growth" holdings in Google and Amazon today * And I am adding to my "value" positions in financials and elsewhere As expressed in the chart below, it is clear that the S&P is now more concentrated i...
Amazon and Alphabet have been reduced to tag ends. I am paying heed to the changing near term reward vs. risk, and the chart below:
Paring down some more (a small amount) of Amazon (+$65) and Alphabet (+$8) based on deteriorating reward vs. risk over the short term. Amazon is now +$740 from the 2020 low made exactly one month ago!
* Moved to net short this week Yesterday I added a number of trading short rentals (e.g., and ) and peeled off some Alphabet and Amazon , after taking on a large put position late last week. I start the day net short, but with S&P futures -61 handl...
With each passing year, the amount of silicon being designed by hardware makers and cloud giants keeps growing.
I am taking off some Alphabet now. Still medium-sized. Reduced reward vs. risk is my reason.
Tests, masks, contact tracing, anti-virals. Are those too much to ask?
* Shorting selected growth names now With the S&P Index +63 handles and the Nasdaq +245 points, I have shorted at $170.84 and several other more speculative growthy names in the continued move from value to growth. (I already have good exposure in w...
I did warn publicly back in another epoch that quantitative easing would lead toward increased consumer level inflation.
As testing expands, drug trials proceed and tech greats are providing a tracking app, I think we're inching toward going back to work -- and further away from going so low again.
The seeds of this government takeover of markets were planted more than a decade ago.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
Everyone from game publishers to chip developers to game-streaming websites appears to be getting a lift.
* I reduced my net long exposure today from large to medium-sized * I based my move on the large (+19%) and abrupt 10-day market advance from the lows that has taken the S&P close to its "fair market value" and that had reduced the upside/downside e...
In response to the S&P Index approaching my "fair market value" (of 2800), and in light of the magnitude of the move from about 2185 to 2750, I have made the following moves this morning: * I have reduced my very large position to medium-sized * I h...
It could make the difference if the debt and equity markets remained thawed after a brief period of freezing.
As Apple and Google respectively deal with softening smartphone and ad demand, mobile app downloads and usage are growing strongly.
Now that the service economy is pretty much stopped in its tracks, here are promising areas, including technology as manufacturing, to consider.
* Financials and Tech dominate my top individual holdings I have been continually buying the weakness in Facebook . The shares have recently moved into my Top 10 individual long holdings. Alphabet and Amazon - two other FANG components - reside in t...
Things will be different after Covid-19 and one change will be in how people care about themselves.