|Day Low/High||1,407.68 / 1,445.94|
|52 Wk Low/High||1,008.87 / 1,726.10|
Though limited for now, Amazon's Luna cloud gaming service has some selling points.
* Last night I shorted Zoom at $497/share From last night: Sep 23, 2020 ' 06:53 PM EDT DOUG KASS Shorting It Out After Hours I am shorting Zoom (ZM) in the after hours. More on Thursday. Position: Short ZM The newest "shiny object" that the retai...
I reestablished small long investments in Alphabet ($1402) , Disney ($121.93), and Amazon ($2977) on the opening. All three have been on my Best Ideas List for a while. I have also added to my long rental under $321 in pre-market trading. My initia...
In the past, investors were often too quick to sell off fast-growing upstarts due to competitive fears. But at current valuations, risks seem to be completely ignored.
* This is not your father's market -- as old rules don't apply If your trading and investment decisions are based solely on price action (and charts) you should stop reading this column! Since two Wednesdays ago, I have been looking for a series...
The greedy are, at last, getting blown out, and the prudent being vindicated. I see three buckets of stocks that intrigue me now.
With a month to go for these portfolios, the Active version is outperforming the Passive one, though both are crushing their Russell kindred.
* I am placing WMT on my Best Ideas List this morning * My twelve month price target is $175/share Walmart seems to be the ideal investment for the next 1-2 years based on the following considerations: * My baseline expectation is that the Democra...
The deal drives home how strategically important gaming is to Microsoft right now. But there is one big unanswered question.
I think that when I see the kind of across the board give up as we have today, I think it's healthy not toxic.
Are equity markets oversold? Sorry to say, but I don't think so. Not yet.
Plus, the chart of Novocure Limited is a real attention-grabber while the chart of Apple bears watching.
What happens after this is likely a flurry of deals that will require more selling and that begins to cut into the tech stocks with much lower valuations like Facebook, Apple and Alphabet.
The recent market leaders appear to be running out of steam, while stalwart stocks are grinding higher, with Verizon notable among them.
The FOMC, and Powell himself, will have to address the central bank's plan to target average consumer level inflation over time.
TikTok tries to satisfy the Gordian Knot of Trump push and Chinese pull through partnership deal with Larry Ellison's Oracle.
Also, several scheduled events this week, election risk, earnings to watch.
The power and beauty of the stock market is that there are new opportunities every day.
Breadth has turned negative and a number of the leading market stocks (e.g. Amazon , Google and Microsoft ) have turned into the red.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." -- Walter Deemer "When the ...
Giant money managers give sweeping views of investing in "the market" while the small investor is looking for great individual stocks.
* A river is generally easier to channel than to stop. * But these are not typical investment times. * Given the unusual nature, artificial/distorted conditions (fiscal and monetary policy) and outside influences -- SoftBank (I am short), David Port...
Plus, an early look at third-quarter earnings expectations and an admonition to heed the words of Arthur Cashin.
Masayoshi Son, the man behind the Softbank Group, has orchestrated a trading strategy that has helped push call-option trading on U.S. tech companies to US$335 billion per day.
This covered call strategy is an effective way to navigate an overbought market.
How September markets digest August ahead of momentous events will be far more important to uptrend maintenance than how August closed.
Here's what I expect to happen to the market near term off this potentially game-changing development.