|Day Low/High||7.18 / 7.32|
|52 Wk Low/High||5.48 / 13.26|
UBS raises General Electric price target from $7.50 to $8. That's the first hike I have seen from the Street in a while.
Nineteen Sixty-Eight was often considered to be one of the most turbulent and traumatic years of the 20th century in the U.S.
We are now in one of those times, like 52 years ago in 1968, that we and our children will always remember. Many of us have spent the weekend watching America burning in despair. As I write this missive, an extended portion of I-95 (in Palm Beach) h...
How the battle of value vs. growth stocks is resolved, we will have to wait and see.
To maintain its growth rate and keep the equity markets happy, the company needs to continue to acquire other businesses.
* I have liquidated a lot of my long positions and have been averaging into Index shorts lately * I worship at the altar of fundamentals and not of price momentum * Monday I will present a more lengthy analysis of my concerns over the balance of 202...
I don't recall a time when more traders and investors have felt as poorly positioned than they do right now.
What we have right now is a Pollyannaish market where there is no such thing as a negative and stocks never go down.
My inclination is to protect gains in biotechnology and other strong plays.
GE's problem can be summarized in one sentence: The company is burning cash.
I am back - it appears the main line water leak is bigger than I thought (so it will be addressed at 7:30 am tomorrow morning). Today's market action seems so-so, with Qs (Nasdaq) over Ss (S&P). I just added to at $220.35. Though new highs expanded,...
What parameters do we need for holding GE for a year or more?
Robots can't catch Covid-19, or anything else. While the rest of us stay home, they can keep factory output going with a minimum of human intervention.
There's now a much more reasonable chance the vast opening of American business won't lead to disaster.
There was a mild increase in trading volume at the New York Stock Exchange, but it was a rotational shift.
Good morning folks, I once again have the pleasure of sitting in for Doug and it's going to be a doozie of a day between March quarter earnings this morning from Boeing , Yum! Brands , General Dynamics , Northrop Grumman , General Electric and Maste...
Intraday trends -- relentless trends -- are becoming the name of the game, so let's focus on the rotation from Nasdaq names into the Russell 2000 and financials.
Adding to , , (speculative) - these stocks, according to my calculus, are selling at 2000 S&P equivalent prices. I am also bidding for packaged food names.
Let's check the charts for clues.
* May be viewed as possible trading rentals I often defer to the old trading adage that stocks that are green in a sea of red can be considered as trades on a turn in the markets. Today's candidates on my screen that are trading higher include , , a...
A look at some names that Robinhood brokerage CEO Tenev tells us young people are buying.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
* To everything there is a season... * This might be a time to build up and not to break down "To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn) And a time to every purpose, under heaven A time to be born, a time to die A time to...