|Day Low/High||198.07 / 202.33|
|52 Wk Low/High||123.02 / 218.62|
However, the RMPIA did not see as much improvement last month as some other market indices.
This selloff was a pause in the uptrend, not the start of a directional shift. But be cautious.
"This is one of the most vicious out-of-high-growth-into-value rotations I have seen in ages...and it is led by FAANG." - Jim "El Capitan" Cramer Who in a Million Years Would Ever Think That FAANG Would Be Value? Jim "El Capitan" Cramer just penned ...
It is so patently obvious what's happening that it's almost other worldly.
"Just one more thing." -- Lt. Columbo It looks to me that, while breadth was positive (1,860 advancing issues, 1,092 declining issues), there was a real positive skew and influence possessed by the FANG and financials. Bond yields gapped higher (aid...
* Further reducing gross longs * And increasing my overall net short exposure I have also moved my position from large-sized to medium-sized. (And I plan to stay there.) With the recent liquidation of , , and longs, profit taking in a substantial a...
* A less favorable upside/downside * And a desire to book more profits and reduce my gross long exposure I have further trimmed and longs. What was once large-sized positions are now small-sized. I have no current intention to reduce these two holdi...
* I stand with a calculator and a contrarian streak in my investment strategy * I have steadily expanded my net short exposure all week While I am respectful of price and momentum that, in part, have been influenced by the changing market structure,...
Recently I have made the following moves in my portfolios: * I have added to my and shorts. * I sold out my and longs. * I reduced the size (from large to medium) of my long holdings in and . * I initiated shorts in , and .
FB's charts have more of a bullish slant than a bearish setup.
* I am at my largest net short exposure since September, 2018 * My calculus suggests that the market downside dwarfs the upside today My investment career has qualified me more as a Contrarian than as a Cassandra. I am never fearful in going against...
If we can advance without China then who the heck knows where we can go with it.
* As reward to the upside v. downside risk has changed after meaningful price gains in the last 2-3 months I have reduced from very large to medium-sized two of my favorite long investments - Goldman Sachs and Facebook. was bought and put on my Best...
The IT hardware giant beat EPS estimates with the help of margin growth and buybacks. But revenue fell short amid lower server and IT services sales.
Spending on online ads is still growing at a healthy double-digit clip. Google, Facebook and Amazon will benefit, as should some smaller players.
Cement stocks will be big beneficiaries of the Chinese administration's infrastructure growth plans.
The RMPIA rose 10.5% during the first half of the current quarter.
Market players are still looking to put capital to work and are focusing more on sectors and individual stocks than straight index plays.
There's going to be a storm of deals and the market will not be able to handle it without taking the whole table lower.
Twilio had stratospheric expectations, drawing a down reaction to the company's earnings result.
Last weekend I did some additional work on Twitter -- following the lowering of guidance a few days ago. More than ever, especially considering the share price drop, I believe that the reward vs. risk is now quite attractive. As a platform (just lik...
An apparel giant, a carpet maker, a software firm and a provider of social entertainment apps turn in favorable results.
We have to own that it was a bad day for the bulls and that it's perfectly realistic to expect a few more until the facts get more positive.
Equity markets can continue to move up and regain lost performance -- valuations are supportive and company's earnings are not as bad as feared.
When you have a bunch of these in one day, you can move whole sectors and, to some degree, the market itself.
This quarter will be known as the quarter where you had to pay the piper to get sales and the piper happens most often to be Alphabet's Google.
The market can still go higher, but the time has come for the slope of price discovery to normalize a bit.
The Snapchat parent's stock is up strongly following a Q4 beat. However, user growth remained elusive and cash burn continued.