|Day Low/High||277.81 / 285.39|
|52 Wk Low/High||137.10 / 304.67|
Let's look at the three main ways stocks can go up, and which of those we're seeing in action right now.
The world's greatest consumer electronics company. Ever. Why even question? Just hop on board.
While breakups of the tech giants still look unlikely, the House's report does reveal a thing or two about the current political mood.
One day after deciding that we still could not confirm the market's uptrend, we are forced to ask the opposite.
An unyielding disdain for scientists permeates this administration. But if you listen to these professors the nation wouldn't be in this fix.
Markets now look to Treasury Secretary Mnuchin and Speaker Pelosi to do something.
* Wall Street, not Main Street Walmart , Target , Costco , Amazon , Netflix , Facebook , etc. -- these are the winners in the battle against Covid-19. As a addendum to Rolf's comments earlier this morning in our Comments Section - it is important ...
Here are trade setups for Snap, which looks like a great opportunity right now, and Facebook
In the past, investors were often too quick to sell off fast-growing upstarts due to competitive fears. But at current valuations, risks seem to be completely ignored.
The visible stories are almost all positive. The negative stories are almost all hidden at least when it comes to the stock market.
* I am placing WMT on my Best Ideas List this morning * My twelve month price target is $175/share Walmart seems to be the ideal investment for the next 1-2 years based on the following considerations: * My baseline expectation is that the Democra...
That's the period of minimum risk.
The deal drives home how strategically important gaming is to Microsoft right now. But there is one big unanswered question.
Are equity markets oversold? Sorry to say, but I don't think so. Not yet.
When a speculative frenzy involving one set of companies ends, cheaper peers usually aren't unscathed in the ensuing selloff.
* Staying engaged, opportunistic and unemotional I remain bearish but opportunistic and dispassionate in my trading. I was very active yesterday. Given the depth and speed of the declines in the S&P and Nasdaq Indices I moved from large short and p...
Plus, the chart of Novocure Limited is a real attention-grabber while the chart of Apple bears watching.
An IPO on U.S. markets is in the cards if a proposal to form TikTok Global wins approval in Washington and Beijing.
Investors are not dumping the FATMAAN names and running for safety -- they are looking to put those funds back to work in other places.
What happens after this is likely a flurry of deals that will require more selling and that begins to cut into the tech stocks with much lower valuations like Facebook, Apple and Alphabet.
I have covered my Facebook short rental for a profit, and I have added to some banks. I am small net long in exposure now - awaiting a reshort on any strength. I am still expecting lower highs... and ultimately lower lows.
The recent market leaders appear to be running out of steam, while stalwart stocks are grinding higher, with Verizon notable among them.
* I believe so! * More evidence of a possible pivot from growth to value was seen today * I believe that pivot will continue (e.g.,banks should be the beneficiary of that pivot) First Level Thinking: "The Fed will remain loose for years to come. T...
I have taken a small short position in Facebook based on the report that the DOJ may be attacking the company on antitrust grounds. I still have small positions in and shorts but I will lift this short exposure on any further ramp. I have been givi...
I have taken a small trading short rental in Facebook on the news that the Federal Trade Commission is preparing an antitrust suit against the company. I am also expanding my Invesco short now..
TikTok tries to satisfy the Gordian Knot of Trump push and Chinese pull through partnership deal with Larry Ellison's Oracle.
Also, several scheduled events this week, election risk, earnings to watch.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." -- Walter Deemer "When the ...
Giant money managers give sweeping views of investing in "the market" while the small investor is looking for great individual stocks.
First, let's closely watch this semiconductor company for the telecoms, and then examine the industrials, transports and retailers.