|Day Low/High||276.82 / 285.24|
|52 Wk Low/High||137.10 / 304.67|
Several sessions over the past 10 days have seen increased trading volume at the NYSE, but not the Nasdaq, and for the S&P 500, but not the Nasdaq Composite. Is this professional risk reduction?
Just take the three most obvious letters in FAANG -- Facebook, Apple, and Netflix -- they were all ideas from my children.
I expect the indices will jump around again soon on news about fiscal stimulus.
* SNAP's extraordinary top line results bode well for Twitter and its shares I have long felt that Twitter has an unusual platform - one that can not easily be duplicated. Yesterday, with the great Snap results (SNAP shares were +$6.70 in pre-mark...
* After fine tuning and doing some trading (back and forth) on Monday, * I am emboldened to short strength over the near term * My targets are a package of high-beta stocks (Apple, Netflix, Facebook) and homebuilders In yesterday's, "Yell and Roar a...
* Just a little bit of fine tuning! I decided to cover my short rentals in Netflix , Apple and Facebook -- put on Friday afternoon -- near and after the close of trading today. (They generally served my purpose.) In addition, I took in a small a...
On this morning's strength I have moved to medium-sized in the following shorts: Zoom , Carvana , Apple , Netflix , and Facebook .
* Apple, Facebook and Netflix are new short names In case you missed it - I put on three new shorts on Friday afternoon. Apple , Netflix and Facebook are the new names. This makes six individual stock shorts -- , and are the others.
We're waiting for buy signals that tell us when it's worth placing bets on these two stocks.
I made some moves this afternoon: * I added to my and shorts. * I initiated new shorts in Netflix , Facebook and Apple . (I want some short beta in my book.) Thanks for reading my Diary today. I hope it was value added. Enjoy the weekend. Be safe.
Here's what's interesting about TWTR versus other tech stocks.
These social media companies' decision to censor content from a publication that well predates them is quite simply horrifying.
FB seems like it has plenty of upside and is going to make a killing.
There is an opportunity to buy some of these names at a discount to their highs, with Amazon presenting the best bet.
Now, that we have confirmation from the Nasdaq Composite, I think we can say equity markets are indeed back in what I would consider an uptrend.
There was some significant rotational action Monday and we'll see if that continues as we move into earnings reports.
Let's look at the three main ways stocks can go up, and which of those we're seeing in action right now.
The world's greatest consumer electronics company. Ever. Why even question? Just hop on board.
While breakups of the tech giants still look unlikely, the House's report does reveal a thing or two about the current political mood.
One day after deciding that we still could not confirm the market's uptrend, we are forced to ask the opposite.
An unyielding disdain for scientists permeates this administration. But if you listen to these professors the nation wouldn't be in this fix.
Markets now look to Treasury Secretary Mnuchin and Speaker Pelosi to do something.
* Wall Street, not Main Street Walmart , Target , Costco , Amazon , Netflix , Facebook , etc. -- these are the winners in the battle against Covid-19. As a addendum to Rolf's comments earlier this morning in our Comments Section - it is important ...
Here are trade setups for Snap, which looks like a great opportunity right now, and Facebook
In the past, investors were often too quick to sell off fast-growing upstarts due to competitive fears. But at current valuations, risks seem to be completely ignored.
The visible stories are almost all positive. The negative stories are almost all hidden at least when it comes to the stock market.
* I am placing WMT on my Best Ideas List this morning * My twelve month price target is $175/share Walmart seems to be the ideal investment for the next 1-2 years based on the following considerations: * My baseline expectation is that the Democra...
That's the period of minimum risk.
The deal drives home how strategically important gaming is to Microsoft right now. But there is one big unanswered question.