|Day Low/High||246.61 / 255.75|
|52 Wk Low/High||137.10 / 304.67|
* I am placing WMT on my Best Ideas List this morning * My twelve month price target is $175/share Walmart seems to be the ideal investment for the next 1-2 years based on the following considerations: * My baseline expectation is that the Democra...
That's the period of minimum risk.
The deal drives home how strategically important gaming is to Microsoft right now. But there is one big unanswered question.
Are equity markets oversold? Sorry to say, but I don't think so. Not yet.
When a speculative frenzy involving one set of companies ends, cheaper peers usually aren't unscathed in the ensuing selloff.
* Staying engaged, opportunistic and unemotional I remain bearish but opportunistic and dispassionate in my trading. I was very active yesterday. Given the depth and speed of the declines in the S&P and Nasdaq Indices I moved from large short and p...
Plus, the chart of Novocure Limited is a real attention-grabber while the chart of Apple bears watching.
An IPO on U.S. markets is in the cards if a proposal to form TikTok Global wins approval in Washington and Beijing.
Investors are not dumping the FATMAAN names and running for safety -- they are looking to put those funds back to work in other places.
What happens after this is likely a flurry of deals that will require more selling and that begins to cut into the tech stocks with much lower valuations like Facebook, Apple and Alphabet.
I have covered my Facebook short rental for a profit, and I have added to some banks. I am small net long in exposure now - awaiting a reshort on any strength. I am still expecting lower highs... and ultimately lower lows.
The recent market leaders appear to be running out of steam, while stalwart stocks are grinding higher, with Verizon notable among them.
* I believe so! * More evidence of a possible pivot from growth to value was seen today * I believe that pivot will continue (e.g.,banks should be the beneficiary of that pivot) First Level Thinking: "The Fed will remain loose for years to come. T...
I have taken a small short position in Facebook based on the report that the DOJ may be attacking the company on antitrust grounds. I still have small positions in and shorts but I will lift this short exposure on any further ramp. I have been givi...
I have taken a small trading short rental in Facebook on the news that the Federal Trade Commission is preparing an antitrust suit against the company. I am also expanding my Invesco short now..
TikTok tries to satisfy the Gordian Knot of Trump push and Chinese pull through partnership deal with Larry Ellison's Oracle.
Also, several scheduled events this week, election risk, earnings to watch.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." -- Walter Deemer "When the ...
Giant money managers give sweeping views of investing in "the market" while the small investor is looking for great individual stocks.
First, let's closely watch this semiconductor company for the telecoms, and then examine the industrials, transports and retailers.
But what is the same is greed, and here's how you -- especially if you're new to stocks -- can approach investing rationally.
* A river is generally easier to channel than to stop. * But these are not typical investment times. * Given the unusual nature, artificial/distorted conditions (fiscal and monetary policy) and outside influences -- SoftBank (I am short), David Port...
Plus, an early look at third-quarter earnings expectations and an admonition to heed the words of Arthur Cashin.
Masayoshi Son, the man behind the Softbank Group, has orchestrated a trading strategy that has helped push call-option trading on U.S. tech companies to US$335 billion per day.
Here's what I expect to happen to the market near term off this potentially game-changing development.
I remain very optimistic regarding the intermediate term outlook for bank stocks. Given Powell's comments yesterday combined with the vast underperformance in 2020, it might now finally be time for the banks to move out of their recent trading range...
If financial markets any indication, a lot must be expected from Fed Chair Powell Thursday morning. Plus, two guys to never bet against.