|Day Low/High||195.33 / 200.60|
|52 Wk Low/High||79.07 / 183.40|
* Mission accomplished? Sell in May and go away! * In scope and duration, stocks have rallied in a manner rarely seen in history * Month-to-date April has been the best month for equities since 1974 * The S&P Index has climbed by +31.4% since the M...
Adding to , , (speculative) - these stocks, according to my calculus, are selling at 2000 S&P equivalent prices. I am also bidding for packaged food names.
Buyers of the streaming giant's stock before its recent run higher would do well to book some profits while retaining of a big chunk of this winner's shares.
I'm focused on buying longer bonds, mostly in the 10-year maturity range.
We are a tad off the day's high, good market breadth. Nice move in which I put on my Best Ideas List yesterday. +7% and up a beaner. Energy stocks strong with leading with a +8% gain. and +. up another +$3 to $72.50! By contrast, financials are we...
* And Twitter Tweets Yesterday I postulated that the strength in Netflix's sub adds could have a collateral and positive impact on Disney : "Netflix's (NFLX) sub adds doubled expectations -- I suspect in a more stable stock market that could help Di...
Thanks for reading my Diary today - I hope it had some value. Netflix's sub adds doubled expectations -- I suspect in a more stable stock market that could help Disney's stock over the next few days. Enjoy your evening. Be safe.
I've been suggesting for a while that there is no rush to buy long term holdings.
Break in! I have it from reasonable sources that Florida will shortly reopen the State - my guess is by next Monday at the latest. Perhaps as early as Saturday. This is the first step. If I am correct there is probably a good trade in Disney (now at...
Technical analysis and trading strategy on beaten-down Disney stock.
A look at some names that Robinhood brokerage CEO Tenev tells us young people are buying.
I think we can look at two items more so than actual financial performance, which should be solid.
* Danielle, Tony and Tobias continue to wave the cautious flag * And so do many others! * After the two biggest weekly gains since the 1930s, this is a good spot for stocks to back and fill * Sticking with my long book with an eye on the intermediat...
And when it comes to gyms and fitness, I would much rather be long Planet Fitness than Peloton. Not even close.
When it's beaten you will wish you own stocks, especially the stocks that are right now lethal to your portfolio.
I did warn publicly back in another epoch that quantitative easing would lead toward increased consumer level inflation.
Here's a play you can cheer: Cracking open shares of BUD and TAP at a great value.
There's just too much risk for a large firm with no profitable businesses. Even if its not their fault at all.
Good trading and investing is largely a product of controlling our emotions.
* A big sub beat took DIS shares +$7 in the after hours * DIS is among my favorite long positions Like Caterpillar , I have profited shorting Disney over the last four years. A perennial member of my Best Ideas List (short) since 2016, I recently re...
These charts show activity is market positive for tech. Here is how I'm playing it.
I have made a promise of more company-specific, action-based ideas and less pontification. I have updated 6-7 financial holdings in the last few days and today I am going to continue this tack with Disney and Caterpillar . Coming up.
I continue to follow the 6 names and believe several of them will recover well.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* And on two other recent buys... On weakness over the last few weeks I moved to large Disney and Goldman Sachs : * March 30th Trade of the Week: DIS $93 (now $104) * March 23rd Trade of the Week: GS $134 (now $168) Nothing this week on The Trade of...
My thoughts on the shares of DIS are this... Right here? I sit on my hands. Still, here's a trade idea.
* Will be forthcoming... At all times, but particularly during a crisis, circulating bottom-up investment ideas is of paramount importance. Don't get me wrong, a market view is very important - and so is the analytical discussion surrounding that ma...
Now that the service economy is pretty much stopped in its tracks, here are promising areas, including technology as manufacturing, to consider.