|Day Low/High||119.32 / 122.45|
|52 Wk Low/High||79.07 / 153.41|
When it's beaten you will wish you own stocks, especially the stocks that are right now lethal to your portfolio.
I did warn publicly back in another epoch that quantitative easing would lead toward increased consumer level inflation.
Here's a play you can cheer: Cracking open shares of BUD and TAP at a great value.
There's just too much risk for a large firm with no profitable businesses. Even if its not their fault at all.
Good trading and investing is largely a product of controlling our emotions.
* A big sub beat took DIS shares +$7 in the after hours * DIS is among my favorite long positions Like Caterpillar , I have profited shorting Disney over the last four years. A perennial member of my Best Ideas List (short) since 2016, I recently re...
These charts show activity is market positive for tech. Here is how I'm playing it.
I have made a promise of more company-specific, action-based ideas and less pontification. I have updated 6-7 financial holdings in the last few days and today I am going to continue this tack with Disney and Caterpillar . Coming up.
I continue to follow the 6 names and believe several of them will recover well.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* And on two other recent buys... On weakness over the last few weeks I moved to large Disney and Goldman Sachs : * March 30th Trade of the Week: DIS $93 (now $104) * March 23rd Trade of the Week: GS $134 (now $168) Nothing this week on The Trade of...
My thoughts on the shares of DIS are this... Right here? I sit on my hands. Still, here's a trade idea.
* Will be forthcoming... At all times, but particularly during a crisis, circulating bottom-up investment ideas is of paramount importance. Don't get me wrong, a market view is very important - and so is the analytical discussion surrounding that ma...
Now that the service economy is pretty much stopped in its tracks, here are promising areas, including technology as manufacturing, to consider.
In the short term, market direction is going to be dictated by reaction to extremely poor economic news.
The mouse is roaring... Disney over $102 (Trade of the Week at $93 yesterday!). Added to banks, ViacomCBS , Goldman Sachs (last week's Trade of the Week) and hotels, and .
Investors are wise to take a wait-and-see approach amid store closures, furloughs, social distancing and other measures in response to the outbreak.
I can't recall when Disney's and Netflix's market capitalizations were the same. But it is the case now with DIS at $170 billion and NFLX at $165 billion.
I sold out my trading long rental on Penn Gaming based on the announcement of a refinancing. More later. I added to , , , and this morning.
* And I am placing DIS on my Best Ideas List (long) For nearly four years I have been negative on the shares of Disney (the stock was on my Best Ideas List (short) for that period) - citing among other things that the company's EPS growth rate would...
Should the stock market continue to follow through after Tuesday's historic advance traders and investors will be faced with some tough decisions: * Does one sell off the trading layer of our portfolios? * Should we maintain our longer term investme...
But don't get caught thinking volatility is in the past and we're all clear.
Over the last few days I have established new positions in , , , , , , , , , , , and some other more speculative investments. I also initiated a long S&P futures position which I will jettison on an extension of this rally (if it occurs).
Here are five investment and acquisition ideas for Warren Buffett/Berkshire Hathaway (that fit his criteria): * Deere * Federal Express * Disney * Boeing * Hilton
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
One of the best things that any trader or investor can do is to overcome inertia.
The big gains will come in a bull market, not when stocks are struggling to find support in a bear market.