|Day Low/High||170.17 / 174.19|
|52 Wk Low/High||79.07 / 183.40|
Long-term investors need to understand that an over-reliance upon tracking funds will ultimately exacerbate volatility, and once everyone is standing on the same side of the ship, destabilize financial systems.
Most important come Inauguration Day is the seamless transition of leadership over 'Operation Warp Speed'.
If AT&T is serious about making HBO Max a top-tier streaming player, it needs to provide first-day access to Warner Bros. films permanently, rather than until the end of 2021.
The great news about the pent-up demand rally? While these stocks have been creeping up they are now going to explode higher.
* The S&P is about 20% overvalued * I am medium-sized (about -25%) net short * And I have a lot of room to get shorter on further strength I have been net long for the majority of 2020. No longer. I have steadily reduced large holdings in a number...
* Google joins an expanding list of long holdings that have gone from large-sized to small-sized On Friday I reduced my Alphabet holdings from large-sized to medium-sized: Nov 27, 2020 ' 10:40 AM EST DOUG KASS Reducing Long Exposure Through Individ...
* I do love pizza * But the dual concerns of pulling forward sales and some evidence of disappointing sales, relative to high expectations, has reduced my upside price target for Papa John's . In keeping with my paring down of some long term invest...
*The "Biden Bump" has taken stocks higher in the fourth quarter * Many stocks have moved from undervalued to fairly or overvalued * Market participants are now again complacent, greed has replaced fear and markets are now vulnerable to a bitcoin-lik...
All in all stick with the tipping pointers, they are the drivers of this and the next leg higher.
With positive breadth (NYSE 3-1 advancers over decliners), Mr. Market reversed Friday's weakness on the wings of more favorable results of vaccination trials. Financials were the world's fair -- clear market leaders with broad based gains of betwe...
I will come back to these names over and over again as we are now in the sweet spot for many.
* Based on a less favorable upside/downside in both stocks Just as was the case with and -- the shares of Disney and General Motors have moved into far less favorable levels on a reward vs. risk basis. Disney is now trading +$5.50 to $146.50. I pl...
They called it rotation. I'm still not completely convinced. Don't you normally have to sell something to rotate?
As the Dow hits an all-time high while a pandemic rages on, who are those willing to look through the valley to the good numbers?
* Added to my Index shorts, sold off some more Disney . * New 52 week high Walmart . * Banks are up by over 2%, +1.7% * Value winning - my two value ETFs -- and -- are +1.2% and +2.1%, respectively - against S&P +0.7% and +0.4%. * Offering some , a...
The only expectation that I have for now is a near certainty in increased volatility caused by several factors.
Business is the greatest platform for change, not the government, and the contrast is so great that it blinds you to the publicly traded positives.
What DIS does best is sell entertainment and leisure to mass audiences, and we're in an era where there are no mass audiences.
Comments by Mitch McConnell, Jerome Powell and Christine Lagarde had impacts on the market Thursday.
As I mentioned late Thursday, Disney's better-than-expected results catapulted the shares more than $7 higher in after-hours trading last night. I was offering the stock above the market but never got it off, so I remain small long the name.
* It's a process * Breadth 2-1 negative today * No trades This week I sold down to small-sized from large-sized on a number of longs: , , , , , , etc. I sold at good prices and I am comfortable with that decision. I will be posting "Levels" in th...
Long-term, I find the name extremely interesting. Short-term, I find the stock extremely risky.
Unlike AMZN, WMT has the broad brick and mortar presence that sells everything from apparel to appliances to groceries at budget friendly prices.
One stock is more favorable than the other, but both could make nice plays after recent pullbacks.
Trading volume was low enough Wednesday to indicate a lack of conviction, or conviction that did not spread across enough managers to truly change the narrative.
Experts pick their favorite equity and ETF ideas in the game space, from dolls to video games.
* My continued mantra is less pontificating and more trading/investing * Considering a short in SPY and QQQ on further strength * Breadth disappointing (negative - 1475 advancers, 1565 decliners on the NYSE) relative to +25 S&P and +210 Nasdaq * I...