|Day Low/High||253.16 / 271.86|
|52 Wk Low/High||72.21 / 416.71|
Dillard's Inc. has pulled back recently after a tremendous run this year, but its charts suggest the path of less resistance going forward is higher.
Time to take some profits.
Plus, the chart of Tesla indicates it's time to be wary if you're in the stock at present.
Cryptos and cash are both headed for a real fight. For their own existence.
Department stores, sporting goods sellers and even fashion retailers have seen their shares surge this year, but the question is whether the party can last.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." -- Walter Deemer "When the ...
Before long our gaze will turn to those after market earnings reports we'll be getting today. On deck we have Applied Materials , Dillard's , and Farfetch . We've continue to own AMAT shares in the Trifecta Portfolio as a food chain approach of sort...
Plus, it may be early to call it a worry, but keep a good eye out for inflation.
Tuesday's heavy selling into the close may be the sell signal that traders have been waiting for. Regardless, ensure you are managing risk tightly as volatility increases.
The direction of the market in the coming weeks will hinge in part on progress in reopening the U.S. and European economies.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
From Danielle DiMartino Booth: The retail sector is one of the first to be wholesale downgraded by the rating agencies due to the coronavirus; the distinction is the second-order effect as the downgrades spread from brick and mortar retailers to t...
Here are a number of things that I'm watching now.
These names are showing both technical and quantitative deterioration.
DDS was downgraded Wednesday by TheStreet's Quant ratings service.
After gapping lower, the market saw its all-too familiar rally occur. As mentioned in my Diary, I sold short into the strength (adding a layer of trading shorts on top of my investment short position). Down, up, down. The rally from the lows was st...
My favorite trading sardine, Dillard's , is skyrocketing by +$13.58/share on an earnings beat.
Meanwhile, the mighty Apple continues to provide steady support.
I just got a MACD buy signal on Dillard's . Yup, that's technicals from a fundamentalist. Seriously though, the retail sector has been improving. I continue to add to Macy's .
* Only three of eleven S&P sectors are viewed as attractive * I am in a risk off state of mind. Back in 2015 I instituted a new regular feature called "Sectors," in which I periodically offered my short-term (6-12 months) price outlook for each of t...
* And getting ready to buy! Now trading at $59.44 and down from last week's $71 high (I sold out my position close to this price), my buy pad is out for Dillard's , which is approaching my $58 buy level.
* Of a Dillard's-kind! I sold most of my trading sardine Dillard's above $70 in the last week. Down another -$3 to $64, I am a $58 buyer.
* The retailer is my favorite trading sardine (ever!) "Baseball has been bery bery good to me." - Garrett Morris And do has Dillard's ! Yesterday I sold my position in Dillard's for another large gain - bringing total aggregate gains over the last t...
* I continue to trade opportunistically and unemotionally - with a calculator in one hand and a contrarian viewpoint on the other hand * The overnight +20 futures rise (China trade-related) has been reversed to a gain of only 3 handles by 6: 30 am *...
My fav trading sardine, Dillard's , continues to rally. Its now +$14 over the lows at about $48/share (where I made some purchases) following the EPS report. Up another +$2.30 today to $62.50/share and I am holding on.
Dillard's (now at $60.50) has had a great run from the post EPS slide when it traded (and I purchased small) some stock at around $48. The retailer has been my favorite trading sardine over the last two years.