|Day Low/High||62.14 / 64.60|
|52 Wk Low/High||47.95 / 86.71|
After gapping lower, the market saw its all-too familiar rally occur. As mentioned in my Diary, I sold short into the strength (adding a layer of trading shorts on top of my investment short position). Down, up, down. The rally from the lows was st...
My favorite trading sardine, Dillard's , is skyrocketing by +$13.58/share on an earnings beat.
Meanwhile, the mighty Apple continues to provide steady support.
I just got a MACD buy signal on Dillard's . Yup, that's technicals from a fundamentalist. Seriously though, the retail sector has been improving. I continue to add to Macy's .
* Only three of eleven S&P sectors are viewed as attractive * I am in a risk off state of mind. Back in 2015 I instituted a new regular feature called "Sectors," in which I periodically offered my short-term (6-12 months) price outlook for each of t...
* And getting ready to buy! Now trading at $59.44 and down from last week's $71 high (I sold out my position close to this price), my buy pad is out for Dillard's , which is approaching my $58 buy level.
* Of a Dillard's-kind! I sold most of my trading sardine Dillard's above $70 in the last week. Down another -$3 to $64, I am a $58 buyer.
* The retailer is my favorite trading sardine (ever!) "Baseball has been bery bery good to me." - Garrett Morris And do has Dillard's ! Yesterday I sold my position in Dillard's for another large gain - bringing total aggregate gains over the last t...
* I continue to trade opportunistically and unemotionally - with a calculator in one hand and a contrarian viewpoint on the other hand * The overnight +20 futures rise (China trade-related) has been reversed to a gain of only 3 handles by 6: 30 am *...
My fav trading sardine, Dillard's , continues to rally. Its now +$14 over the lows at about $48/share (where I made some purchases) following the EPS report. Up another +$2.30 today to $62.50/share and I am holding on.
Dillard's (now at $60.50) has had a great run from the post EPS slide when it traded (and I purchased small) some stock at around $48. The retailer has been my favorite trading sardine over the last two years.
Investors can find far better yield by simply buying the S&P 500.
Dillard's shares could sink to historic lows in the months to come.
Most retailers do not, but here are a few that have the right story.
bounces +$8 off of its daily low and digests its poor earnings report. I will be doing work on both companies as well as continuing my research over the weekend.
Stocks to buy on this volatile global macro environment, and what needs to change to avoid a recession.
The largest impediment to success for firms like TLRY -- which is expected to report a 27 cent loss per share Tuesday night -- remains federal legalization of marijuana across the U.S.
July-quarter ending retailers are soon to report their earnings, shedding light on their summer sales as well as their expectations for back-to-school shopping and the looming holiday shopping season.
I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the time comes to sell, y...
I get a lot of criticism for being a perma bear. However I have 18 long ideas on my Best Ideas List and only eight short ideas. Case in point - I initiated a long position in Dillard's yesterday at $67.10. The shares are +$2.50 today.
At $67.10, I am back in Dillard's , my favorite trading sardine of the last five years. I have probably traded the stock 15 times since 2015, with cumulative gains of well over $100 per share. The stock is down by almost $7 per share under the weigh...
Goldman Sachs was added to my Best Ideas List on December 17, 2018 at $169.95. The shares closed on Friday at over $207. Earlier in the year I moved from large to small-sized at about $200/share - taking in a large profit. In late May, early June 20...
In the near term, it would appear Amazon will need to do the heavy lifting.
* I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." - Walter Deemer I promised to update my "Level...
My better bet will remain on the cloud until the direction that global business has to move toward changes fundamentally.