|Day Low/High||10.42 / 10.75|
|52 Wk Low/High||9.16 / 16.70|
The parent of Hainan Airlines looks set to emerge from bankruptcy after its top executives were arrested and the Chinese state stepped in.
Everyone knows the basics. Last week, the trading operation run by Bill Hwang known as Archegos Capital Management blew up.
The parent of Hainan Airlines is looking to restructure its debts and shed non-core subsidiaries after coming under government control.
* Staying flexible, unemotional and opportunistic * Bear Markets don't travel in a straight line - this one will be no different Besides the passing of Justice Ginsburg, the market is faced with a number of new challenges this morning: * Nikola's...
Here's my 'counterintuitive' bet on lower Treasury prices, and therefore higher rates, right now.
Mark gave my favorite presentation (so good that I have asked John Mauldin permission to show the video tomorrow). Mark is the founder, CEO, and chief investment officer of Morgan Creek Capital Management. He is also the managing partner of Morgan C...
Depending on how long you've been riding the trend, we're getting to the point where the short-term downside may not exceed the short-term upside.
One of Asia's largest oil shippers has sought protection against liquidation from 23 of the world's biggest banks amid revelations of its founder's cover-up.
* Also the domestic kind! As previously mentioned, I am long a basket of speculative, large cap European bank stocks. The space is stronger this morning on some good news on Deutsche Bank today. From my 15 Surprises for 2020: Surprise #5 With Draghi...
Based on history and the charts, this is how to play DB as it comes out of earnings.
The market is disconnected from reality. But for now, the U.S. Fed is in full easing mode and the liquidity boost should show up in the economic data over the next few months.
I have sold my speculative Deutsche Bank shares (for a very small profit) and I am taking the stock off of my Best Ideas List. The proximate reason for the sale was my analysis of the bank over the past weekend following the Wednesday report of a $9...
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." - Walter Deemer "When the t...
Deutsche Bank is now a healthy and profitable investment - after the renters vacated the building on the last decline. Its a speculative one, though.
* makes a new high and I am sticking with my small long investment position. * , a recent buy, is up another $3 after climbing by nearly $4 yesterday. Holding on. * also on a tear, up by over +$33. Though its been an amazing multiple day upturn I am...
* DB has made quite a run from the recent lows and it's trading higher this morning * Japanese and European bank stocks are hitting four week highs today * The calls for more global rate cuts are fading and objections to more easing are growing more...
Back in the Spring of 2018 I talked about the reduced market liquidity and an anticipated new regime of volatility. Here is a repost during the midday lull: * A little discussed issue is the loss of market liquidity since the end of January * This i...
It's a process that involves harvesting gains by repeatedly writing call options against stocks steadily in decline.
An observation - though I am not sure what it means! Deutsche Bank is showing good relative performance against its U.S. money center peers. Perhaps the stock is finally washed out. I have been a steady buyer over the last month of this speculative ...
Another rally (of moderate means) off of the day's lows. Trades today: * Added to (speculative), and longs. * Added to short. * Added to short.
The tepid response shown to Wanda Sports Group is at odds with the strong performance of Chinese stock markets, suggesting U.S. listings are not the way for Chinese companies to go.
Whether the U.S. economy warrants a rate cut at this stage of the cycle is perhaps debatable.
Has the slow grind higher started for Deutsche Bank ? It is now bid over $8 in Europe. Here is my thesis.
Deutsche Bank reports that risk parity and volatility control funds are near their maximum equity allocations:
The market is likely to discount the second quarter as an anomaly.