|Day Low/High||57.31 / 58.82|
|52 Wk Low/High||32.00 / 83.11|
* My continued mantra is less pontificating and more trading/investing * Considering a short in SPY and QQQ on further strength * Breadth disappointing (negative - 1475 advancers, 1565 decliners on the NYSE) relative to +25 S&P and +210 Nasdaq * I...
Citigroup has raised their price target for Amazon to $3,600, citing the strength of 3Q2020 EPS results and better guidance. I have been adding to Amazon over the last few days. I have also been adding Citigroup !
A value investor reviews six big Wall Street banks following their recent strong earnings reports.
I was active trading yesterday: * I took a long rental. * I added to , , , , , , , and longs. * I covered small (still medium-sized), (from large-sized to medium-sized), (still medium-sized) and (still medium-sized) shorts. __________ Long GOOGL (...
* And covering small in individual shorts DJIA, Nasdaq and S&P, down -900 -350 and -100, respectively. My reaction? I am buying more , , , , , and in the last 30 minutes. I have covered small in (still medium-sized), (from large-sized to medium-siz...
* Wells Fargo reportedly is exploring the sale of its asset management arm. This is a good development as Wells Fargo considers shedding non-core businesses. * Citigroup declared its normal dividend distribution of $0.51/share. This, too, is a good ...
* And placing the stock on my Best Ideas List (short) * Large money centers have spent billions of dollars on technology to compete with Square, Pay Pal, et al. * This morning's JPMorgan announcement of point of sale innovation is meaningful Witho...
The market capitalization of Zoom ($161 billion) today eclipsed that of the combination of Citigroup ($89 billion) and Goldman Sachs ($70 billion).
I shouldn't be surprised that I'm getting questions about the banking sector.
Right now our policy on new stimulus is defaulting to 'to heck with the fourth lane' and all who ride on it. That's a crying shame.
Here are today's trades: * I have added to my ($43.83), ($24.02), and ($24.34) longs on this morning's weakness. * I have added to my ($351.40) and ($295.95) shorts on the early ramp. As a result of these trades, I have moved to Market Neutral. ...
A small western homebuilder and a furniture maker are the latest to see their businesses improve amid the pandemic.
Covid itself, and therapeutics or vaccines associated with taking on the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, is under a public microscope.
It is logical that stocks consolidate a little as we head into earnings season.
Some patterns reveal themselves easily, and you can spot them ahead of the computer programs. Here are examples of them, and how to act.
* Good news on the credit front * My positive bank thesis remains very much intact * From a near term standpoint, third quarter will likely indicate a topping in loan loss provisions, a continued improvement in fee based income lines (e.g., mortgag...
Now, that we have confirmation from the Nasdaq Composite, I think we can say equity markets are indeed back in what I would consider an uptrend.
There was some significant rotational action Monday and we'll see if that continues as we move into earnings reports.
The two money center banks are set to report earnings on Tuesday.
Made some buys this morning - pushing me closer to large-sized than medium-sized. Bidding for more , , and .
While today's September Employment Report adds to the pullback in the Citibank Economic Surprise Index... It's interesting to note the New York Fed's Nowcasting Model still sees September-quarter GDP little changed since Sept. 25 even though its for...
Suddenly, both sides realize that they have played politics and the people had noticed. Not those two from Tuesday night. Thankfully.
Trying to grab a bargain while a stock is falling is fraught with risk; better to wait until a true bottom has formed before buying.
I see no reason to flee this name, therefore, I am not.
* This is not your father's market -- as old rules don't apply If your trading and investment decisions are based solely on price action (and charts) you should stop reading this column! Since two Wednesdays ago, I have been looking for a series...
Based in part because of the greater confidence I now have in the pivot from growth to value, I am raising my buy entry levels in the four banks I currently own. Buy Levels Was Now $48 $50 $26 $27.50 $95 $100 $25 $26.50