|Day Low/High||231.24 / 234.99|
|52 Wk Low/High||159.50 / 234.97|
Soon we will hear about the Oracle making some sort of trade and markets are going to jump all over it.
* An ideal short selling entry point lies ahead There was an over reaction - that continues this morning in the futures market - to the Fed's purchase of corporate bonds which was previously explicitly announced. There was no new money announced, ju...
If you think you missed out after Friday's action, you are wrong,
For investors willing to take a higher level of relative risk, the potential rewards could be significant here.
Profit from 'the changing of the guard' by seeing where things are going, not where they are right now.
Let's step back and look at this market that has abandoned all sorts of safety and went all in on the stocks of companies based on the Fed's words and a promising Moderna study.
Speaking of narratives... the day started with the view that Berkshire's sale of Goldman Sachs was a negative for the shares (something that I tried to refute in my first post of the morning at 7:45 am). GS is trading +$10/share today!
The not unexpected Berkshire - Goldman Sachs news occurred Friday nite so I will reposte my interpretation of Warren's move: May 15, 2020 ' 06:20 PM EDT DOUG KASS Buffett and Bank Stocks Wells Fargo (WFC) investors will likely be relieved (on Monday...
Wells Fargo investors will likely be relieved (on Monday) that Berkshire Hathaway sold none of its shares according to its just reported 13-F. (There were vague rumors that Buffett was selling). Berkshire liquidated most of its Goldman Sachs positio...
Buffett and many other people missed getting in when things were at panic-selling levels, but that doesn't mean there are no bargains left.
I want to stress how much I like this trade idea.
Bruce Kamich provides a technical analysis of Berkshire Hathaway this afternoon. He is bearish on the share price.
Maybe what Warren Buffett has not said is more important than what he has said.
* A further look at Warren Buffett's actions suggests that there are more uncertainties today regarding the trajectory of economic and profit growth than existed in March, 2009 * Stocks may have a short term bias slightly higher (bearsh positioning,...
Don't just follow the herd, time your exits and entrances well -- even if it is a big player like Warren Buffett that is leading the charge.
Mr. Market made a nice comeback from the opening lows. I took the opportunity to close out my SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust puts and my PowerShares medium-sized short in the early morning gap. However, on the day, breadth was modestly negative and leader...
One question I found particularly interesting revolved around the structure of the equity puts Berkshire Hathaway sold years ago during the financial crisis.
Make no mistake about it: Buffett is bearish on U.S. stocks, on airline stocks, on the global economy, and on Berkshire Hathaway's stock (over the near term).
Stocks are not moving in highly correlated action, which favors stock-pickers and technical buyers.
* The header above is my play on the words of Buffett's very famous quote ("to be greedy when others are fearful" and vice versa) * Make no mistake about it - Warren is bearish on U.S. stocks, on airline stocks, on the global economy and on Berkshi...
* The stock market outlook remains unattractive As expressed in Thursday's "A Time to Plant And a Time to Pluck Up That Which Is Planted", I reversed my short term upbeat market view and turned bearish on the markets: * Mission accomplished? Sell in...
Not only did Buffett completely dump his position in airlines but he noted that he was unable to find attractive ways to put his huge cash holdings to work.
This contraction has been dramatic and unpredictable -- and best outcomes cannot be driven solely through economic creativity.
So far, earnings season has not been the obstacle that many have feared.
"I am going to write a good Diary on Real Money Pro today... and I am going to help people. Because I am good enough, I am smart enough and doggone it, people like me." - Daily Affirmations with Dougie Kass Today's Daily Affirmations is from Berkshi...
RH has been beaten down, but retail is showing some signs of life with each improvement in COVID-19 data.
* A multiple choice question... Many on Twitter and elsewhere have been questioning why The Oracle of Omaha has not opined publicly on the decline in the stock market. Let's pose this as a multiple choice question. Here are some possible answers: * ...
Kroger could produce strong earnings as it stands by its guidance, but uncertainty lingers, so here's how I'd play the name.
The luxury home furniture gallery reports financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended February 1, 2020, after Monday's market close.
Here are five investment and acquisition ideas for Warren Buffett/Berkshire Hathaway (that fit his criteria): * Deere * Federal Express * Disney * Boeing * Hilton