|Day Low/High||22.46 / 22.95|
|52 Wk Low/High||17.95 / 35.72|
--I approach this group with some near-term caution after outsized gains (of between +40% and +50%) in 2019 --Small earnings beats might be met with modest profit taking --Citigroup and my other money center bank holdings are now within 10% of my ye...
There are multiple reasons to be wary of the market at these levels, and to be concerned about potential of rising inflation.
This is a market that thrives on certainty. We got it Friday.
LULU is reporting on Wednesday night, and here's how to play it on earnings.
The purpose is not to shake you out, although it can feel like that; here's what's really going on.
* I am calling an audible based on the Seattle Times report and management's apparent "slow play" on the fuselage damage during a stress test * The optics are poor * Though downside seems limited, Boeing may become even more of a "show me" stock, wi...
* The 19th nervous breakdown! * Market breadth was -400 decliners over advancers. (There was a $2.2 billion market on close-sell program.) * The market more than halved its losses from the early afternoon lows. * Bonds rallied and yields dropped by...
A reminder that I recently: * (Reluctantly) pared back my very large positions in Citigroup , Bank of America and Wells Fargo to medium in size * Eliminated Facebook * Reduced from very large to medium in size in Alphabet and Amazon
Caterpillar is a prime example.
* Reluctantly and given the strong price performance of the last few months With the move this week and given the strong follow through today (producing high relative strength readings), I am reluctantly reducing my very large holdings in , , and to...
I have sold my speculative Deutsche Bank shares (for a very small profit) and I am taking the stock off of my Best Ideas List. The proximate reason for the sale was my analysis of the bank over the past weekend following the Wednesday report of a $9...
The stocks of many companies anticipated a more stringent series of tariffs and we didn't get them.
The big banks get most of the attention, but income investors should also consider high-quality regionals.
It's all because some stocks are more powerful than others and the aberrations are to the downside. Not the upside.
* BAC is a well managed, diversified bank benefiting from scale (and a strong and growing deposit base) * The banks stands positioned to realize more operating leverage than the consensus expects over the next few years Bank of America's 3Q2019 repo...
These stocks's earnings were 'not as bad as feared,' and here are some more names that pushed the NABAF narrative.
There are plenty of senior growth companies that can still move higher.
Warren Buffett may be buying more BAC shares. Here's how to play a move higher.
Most importantly, at least to me as an investor, is tangible book value.
I am seeing a lot of opportunity on both the long and short side these days. (Frankly, more on the short side!) As mentioned on Tuesday, I currently have more individual stock names in my portfolios than at anytime in years. In particular, I have ad...
The Fed is doing this right. Let me repeat... the Fed is not screwing this up.
Break in! Warren Buffett seeks Fed permission to own greater than 10% percent of Bank of America .
Be prepared for an upside move.
* Bank earnings, to begin to be reported this morning, will mostly be in line to modestly higher than consensus expectations. * In this quarter, bank EPS will begin to improve and grow relative to the S&P - with flat to slightly higher operating pro...
When things are going well it is always difficult to see an inflection point.
New York Community Bancorp is a regional bank with a 5.4% dividend yield -- far higher than the average bank stock.
Bank of America has downgraded Canopy Growth to "Neutral" from "Buy" (they have been very bullish from the high), saying industry growth could potentially flatten in the second half: "To be clear, we still see Canopy as a long-term leader in an indu...