|Day Low/High||19.70 / 20.35|
|52 Wk Low/High||17.95 / 35.72|
I sold out my trading long rental on Penn Gaming based on the announcement of a refinancing. More later. I added to , , , and this morning.
* Over the weekend I "stress tested" Bank of America's earning projections (and that of the other money center banks) * The Covid-19 inspired recession will result in only about a 5-6 quarter long push back of normalized EPS for BAC * Though earning...
Yes, the stimulus that now seems sure to pass Congress and receive the president's signature will be beneficial for the U.S. economy.
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
* Ns over Ss! * The lingering impact of COVID-19 on our behavior helps to explain my large long investments in Google, Amazon and Twitter * Banks were the problem in the last recession, they will be part of the solution over the next few years I am ...
I added to , , , , , , and this morning. A reminder that yesterday I initiated new positions in , , , , and .
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
The U.S. energy sector is the heart and soul of the U.S. economy. The next few weeks will be critical.
There is unusually large volume in Bank of America shares today. I wouldn't be surprised if The Oracle of Omaha isn't aggressively adding to this name now.
"If all we had were roses, would the thorns then be beautiful?" - Grandma Koufax Truths and roses both have thorns about them but patiently travelling and navigating, in a consistent but objective and analytical way (in our markets) often brings on ...
This morning I moved to medium-sized , , and longs. And I moved back to large-sized on and . I have a busy research schedule today (mostly phoners) but I will outline the case for buying early tomorrow morning.
I have moved back to large on and (I have been a scale buyer in both). And my position is now medium-sized (also scale buyer lower).
* Risk happens fast - as we now take the elevator down * At 4:45 am S&P futures were -90 and Nasdaq futures were -315 handles * Market structure - in which the majority of products and strategies are bullish and lie on "the same side of the boat" - ...
I thought it might be helpful to briefly summarize some of my more meaningful moves in the market over the last few weeks: * I eliminated Goldman Sachs around $240 (my year end 2020 target price) and reduced the size of my , and longs. Lower interes...
New York Community Bancorp hides under the radar when compared to major players, but offers a high yield to investors.
Bank OZK, previously Bank of the Ozarks, offers a dividend yield of 3.7%.
These undervalued names fit well in a diversified portfolio.
This trio of reasons plus a chart that remains in a bull channel all point to a stock that should continue to outperform the markets in 2020.
For those that are keeping score, I am very liquid today... Longs: , , , , , , , , , , and Shorts: , , , , , , , , , and __________ Long FDX (large), GLD (small), KSS, KHC (large), PZZA, TWTR (large), VIAC (large), M (large), GE (small), C, BAC, W...
Consider that The Oracle is currently 89 years old - and that he made his single best portfolio investment in over a half century at 87 years old!
* It is also probably the greatest investment ever made of a publicly-listed company in history - in either profits in absolute dollar terms or whether based on a time-weighted percentage return * Berkshire Hathaway has made about $43 billion on its...