|Day Low/High||3,283.16 / 3,321.91|
|52 Wk Low/High||1,626.03 / 3,552.25|
* Ss (S&P) over Ns (Nasdaq). Again and for the second day in a row. * Breadth was 2-1 positive. * Bonds continue to get smoked - higher in yield, lower in price. ( - $1.25/share). * Crude +$1.22/barrel. * Gold +$21.70. * FAANG plus M(SFT) weak, agai...
* Yesterday may have represented a classic "sell on the good news" * While many were cheering about the vaccine news, I was waiting to sell, red tickets in hand * Some stocks and sectors had a great year yesterday * And some stocks and sectors got s...
What the Nasdaq experienced Monday is known not just as an 'Outside Day,' but an 'Outside Reversal,' and these can be dangerous.
The Russell 2000 outperformed the Nasdaq by 5.2 percentage points on Monday -- the largest outperformance ever recorded between the two indices.
Two of these stocks look great, one is a push, and two are overvalued.
We are going to win the war, but battles are still ahead. Here's how to invest in the meantime.
* I am trading unemotionally and based on changing reward vs. risk * I have moved to small-sized. * I have added to the following longs: , , and to on this morning's market weakness. * On the "whoosh" higher I reduced and to small-sized. I'll add ...
The leaders now are suddenly the reopening stocks, while the work remotely and stay at home stocks are being sold.
This week's earnings reports and calls brought positive disclosures about online video and payments trends, and more mixed disclosures about online travel.
* Though a pause in the market advance may occur at any time, the short term market trajectory seems higher Late yesterday in Improving Breadth and an Impressive Follow-Through of Market I pointed out: "Unlike yesterday, when New York Stock Exchang...
* The Nasdaq rose by 300 handles and the S&P advanced by 67 handles * The market was easy to dance to and had a good beat- I give this trading day a "95" "My name is Dougie Kass and I am 19. I am from Rockville Centre, Long Island, and I rate this t...
The most important market takeaway right now is that both the Nasdaq Composite and S&P 500 have filled their respective gaps and retaken their 50-day simple moving averages.
The average declined in October, but it was less than that hit took by the major indexes.
Here's why a Republican Senate and a Democratic White House and House, may be nirvana for growth.
Thanks to reliable cash flows, STAG is one of the few REITs that pay dividends on a monthly basis.
Markets seem to be betting that divided government will keep much of the policy and interest rate status quo intact for tech. But valuations are still high, and there are other risks out there.
By some measures, Tuesday was the best day for equity markets since July, as 10 of 11 sectors closed higher.
The likelihood of Republican control of the Senate is offsetting the problem of presidential uncertainty.
Perhaps the best thing for the markets that might come out of Tuesday's election would be certainty, regardless of outcome.
I am pressing the following value based longs: , , , , , , , and . Please note - regarding the pivot from growth to value - that the following growth stocks are lower in a sea of green: , , , , . __________ Long GOOGL, AMZN (large), VTV (large), VB...
For emphasis. While value is in the eyes of the beholder, I want to emphasize how sizeable my value bet is today. While I own and expect to continue to own Alphabet and Amazon "forever" - I am over my skiis in my portfolio's value skew. Over my sk...
Citigroup has raised their price target for Amazon to $3,600, citing the strength of 3Q2020 EPS results and better guidance. I have been adding to Amazon over the last few days. I have also been adding Citigroup !
Here's to the removal of uncertainty -- and thousands of campaign signs on thousands of lawns in my neighborhood.
* Mr. Market often does its best to confound the most investors * It may be doing it again, right now * I am large net long The most distinguishing feature of today's market action (nearly three-to-one advancers over decliners) was the excellent p...
Again, the pivot from growth to value is conspicuous this morning. Look at strength in "value" stocks like Caterpillar , Smucker , selected financials and ETFs, like and . By contrast, growthy names like Apple , Amazon , Zoom , and Carvana are wea...
There will be a semi-permanent increase in demand for what businesses like Clorox provide.
The worst case for the markets and the nation would be an election that's decided in the courts.