|Day Low/High||3,282.87 / 3,338.00|
|52 Wk Low/High||1,626.03 / 3,552.25|
Remember when financials used to "lead" markets. No mas. Banks and selected financials continue to be conspicuous laggards - despite the near universal support of the bank sector by the many "talking heads" into and following the EPS reports. I gues...
This action indicates that the institutional and big money is afraid of missing out.
The streaming giant's numbers and commentary were arguably just good, rather than amazing. But with its stock having underperformed for months, that's all that markets needed.
As power has changed hands in the White House, we can expect these names -- and themes -- to benefit.
They are Rivian and Lucid, with Chanje close behind.
More than two decades ago a young Oppenheimer & Co. analyst, Henry Blodget, famously predicted in October, 1998, that Amazon , then trading at $250/share, would trade at $400 within one year. The call received a lot of media attention. At the time m...
My trading strategy? Figure out who is the favorite and calculate the 'line.' Here's how that works out today.
* Paradise Lost on the puts I knew it!!! Stocks closed out their lows, reversing the nice gains of the morning. Breadth, which exceeded 3-1 hours ago, still ended 2-1. Banks and selected were, once again, the world's fair -- along with value...
We are going to live again. You will dance in the aisle at some concert whose performer I have never heard of, and you will cheer for your favorite team in person again.
I want to help you get rich, but to get rich carefully. Prudence dictates taking something off the table.
Although the action in the indices today isn't very impressive, the stock picking under the surface is extremely robust.
A wide call spread with room to the upside is warranted here, so this would be my approach if the share price is too rich for you.
I don't think I can recall a time when individuals bought stock in part because they are simply rooting for the company.
There is at least a case to be made for breaking up big tech. TWTR isn't in that position.
* Over the last four years Twitter has become President Trump's 'house organ' - a powerful, real-time tool for communicating his views and policy * I shorted Twitter last week after predicting, in my "15 Surprises for 2021", in late December, that t...
Top investment ideas from seven of CFRA Research's equity analysts.
Effective trading and investing is more about psychology than numbers.
PLUG is dedicated to making green hydrogen a legitimate fuel for vehicles that doesn't even leave a trace.
Plus, a preview of the coming Consumer Electronics Show and quick news hits on Micron and Boeing.
There's no quit in PLUG, a leader in building out the 'hydrogen' economy.
* As I predicted 13 months ago, the streets have grown violent in the aftermath of the election * But, markets have no conscience and are increasingly dispassionate * Structural changes - specifically the proliferation of "passive investing" - have ...
I had thought markets were smitten with the idea of gridlock. Now, they seem laser focused on looser fiscal policy as a catalyst.
The fears of what would happen from Democratic wins in Georgia's race failed to pan out, aside from tech taking a few hits. Here's what's happening instead and why.
* I now expect an acceleration in the pivot from growth to value * As reflected by recent voting results, Americans are more in the middle of the road than at the extremes In a market warning in Monday's opening missive I wrote: "The Georgia Senat...
* I am adding VZ to my Best Ideas List (long) * VZ is a conservative investment in a generally overvalued stock market I have been doing plenty of research on Verizon over the last several weeks and I initiated a long investment position in VZ yest...
The entire financial media may have swung and missed on Monday, but our old nemesis, those keyword reading algorithms that determine price? They spun the marketplace like a top.
As we enter the new year, there's little time to reflect on RMPIA's strong performance. Now, it's all eyes on the 12 months ahead of us.