|Day Low/High||9.96 / 10.38|
|52 Wk Low/High||1.91 / 7.78|
We have crypto worshippers, false idols and those who believe selling can equal betrayal.
When GameStop filed to sell 3.5 million shares, the notion that Ryan Cohen had something up his sleeve went out the window.
How can a company's stock be hostage to its own shareholders to do the job that the company can't?
* We witnessed a contained and rotational correction in March - not the hard correction that many of us expected * Today's market reminds me of my cousin Sandy Koufax's (final) 1966 season - it may be as good as it gets for stocks * While momentum i...
What crushed the individual was a lack of diversification.
Since the pandemic began, it'll be the sixth time for AMC by the turnaround CEO, aptly named Houdini.
The answer is yes for one of the two stocks that sold off sharply due to forced liquidations by a big shareholder.
* Slowly, but very surely, prior market leaders have crashed * At times, markets can churn when leadership is unclear or non existent * But, given current high valuations, a more ominous market outcome seems more likely * Consider "Uncle" Bob Farrel...
Let's review this Archegos drama and some lessons from this fickle market.
* In history, when you combine ignorance and leverage, you usually get some pretty scary results * Based on the market behavior I have witnessed over the last year, risk management has been grossly ignored and forsaken (on numerous fronts) * Stupidi...
These are just pieces of paper, you can't love 'em, you can't hate them, you just know them and own them.
"You keep on stompin' And my heart is on the floor..." - Lewis Gizzard, You Done Tore Out My Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat In yesterday's opening missive, "The Market Is a Hard Dog to Keep Under the Porch," I argued that the U.S. stock market ...
* The U.S. stock market remains materially overpriced * I would use market rallies to reduce equity exposure * Value is stretched now (financials and energy) while growth valuations are vulnerable to higher interest rates * I am looking towards some...
Word that the French government is locking down activity in certain regions due to a Covid re-emergence shouldn't be ignored.
As a very wise man once said: 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.'
Let's set out the case for stocks -- and which kind -- and whether you might want to pay down other debt first.
You can listen to the haters on Twitter and Reddit, or you can see what I've been doing since 1979: trying to help the average Joe make some money.
I key on Boeing as the best place to bet on China.
The most important thing if you are a GameStopper is that you have to ponder how Unity is worth $29 billion and Activision is worth $79 billion.
As world economies reopen, there's a chance for some of these shipwrecked stocks to sail the bullish seas once again.
Should the Nasdaq create a new low for the week at any point from here... we will have to admit to being in correction.
* The sky is falling for the shares of many of the gewgaws of yesterday or of the week before! * I remain short the stuff that "they" have been buying * History rhymes... Some on our site and elsewhere have recoiled privately and publicly at my vie...
Those investors who hold Costco because they believe in the retailer are not among friends when it comes to many of their fellow stockholders.
* And a few more observations about speculative activity, "talking heads" and celebrity (investors) * Another new (speculative investing) paradigm? Hardly * As night follows day, the current speculative phase will end, and with it, countless traders...
Everything came up roses Monday -- except for what matters most, broad participation.
Sentiment has improved, but the key to the price action will be whether there are higher highs following early profit-taking.
While there are some good setups for stock pickers, the momentum is fizzling out very fast.