|Day Low/High||116.22 / 117.49|
|52 Wk Low/High||53.15 / 137.98|
"So when he turned up dead, I let it go. And I said to myself this is the business we've chosen. I didn't ask who gave the order. Because it had nothing to do with business " - Hyman Roth, The Godfather I was between Apple (short) and Square (sho...
* As I always do! On weakness I have moved my and shorts back down to medium-sized from large. This takes me back to medium-sized net short in exposure. I am offering more Apple short at $116, bidding for Walmart at $142, and that is about it. ...
* For the second time in two months I am selecting Apple (short) as my "Trade of the Week" * Besides my iPhone concerns, an APPL short is part of my pivot thesis from growth to value * I view Apple as both a trading and investing short "Short Stock...
Traders have managed to shake off the headlines up to now, but that is becoming more difficult.
There is no stimulus deadline. There is no deal. There are only the games people play.
Here are some strategic and thematic ideas that I'm currently employing for year-end and for 2021.
As you map out your strategy for year-end and for 2021, here are some themes to consider: * Short Fixed Income: Bonds are among the most risky and least efficiently priced asset classes extant. The 10 year note yield is about to break to the upside...
I have added to my Apple short and several others - raising my net short exposure to between medium-sized and large -sized today.
Just take the three most obvious letters in FAANG -- Facebook, Apple, and Netflix -- they were all ideas from my children.
Demand for PCs, tablets and gaming hardware all still look quite strong. And smartphone sales are gradually picking up.
The good news is that NKE has managed to trade still higher despite our concerns.
My short book of individual names - away from the Indices - include Tesla , Zoom and Carvana . Given the aforementioned pivot from growth to value that I am playing over the balance of 2020 - which could be exacerbated by the selling FAANG names in...
* After fine tuning and doing some trading (back and forth) on Monday, * I am emboldened to short strength over the near term * My targets are a package of high-beta stocks (Apple, Netflix, Facebook) and homebuilders In yesterday's, "Yell and Roar a...
* Just a little bit of fine tuning! I decided to cover my short rentals in Netflix , Apple and Facebook -- put on Friday afternoon -- near and after the close of trading today. (They generally served my purpose.) In addition, I took in a small a...
On this morning's strength I have moved to medium-sized in the following shorts: Zoom , Carvana , Apple , Netflix , and Facebook .
* Apple, Facebook and Netflix are new short names In case you missed it - I put on three new shorts on Friday afternoon. Apple , Netflix and Facebook are the new names. This makes six individual stock shorts -- , and are the others.
Portfolio managers are starting to see a very strong 2021 for markets and the economy regardless of electoral results.
Emotional reactions to volatility can destroy great trades but, if viewed with the right mindset, it can create tremendous opportunities.
I made some moves this afternoon: * I added to my and shorts. * I initiated new shorts in Netflix , Facebook and Apple . (I want some short beta in my book.) Thanks for reading my Diary today. I hope it was value added. Enjoy the weekend. Be safe.
* Are you spinning your wheels and trading too much? * Non-stop trading is a mug's game * So, don't catch the "Stock Trading Jones" * Stop dribbling and read and think more! With stock commission down to or close to zero I have noticed a lot more tr...
Technically the selling action has been contained, but there are some reasons to be careful.
I don't pick stocks on politics, but was shocked to see how a majority of our Action Alerts PLUS holdings would perform if Joe Biden wins the White House.
Covid itself, and therapeutics or vaccines associated with taking on the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, is under a public microscope.
While 5G took the spotlight, the iPhone 12 line's camera improvements might ultimately be a bigger draw for many consumers.
It is logical that stocks consolidate a little as we head into earnings season.
Some patterns reveal themselves easily, and you can spot them ahead of the computer programs. Here are examples of them, and how to act.
FB seems like it has plenty of upside and is going to make a killing.
There is an opportunity to buy some of these names at a discount to their highs, with Amazon presenting the best bet.
Now, that we have confirmation from the Nasdaq Composite, I think we can say equity markets are indeed back in what I would consider an uptrend.