|Day Low/High||372.23 / 378.62|
|52 Wk Low/High||192.58 / 375.78|
As State economies begin the slow process of reopening, the Fed is there to support market function. Facebook's latest e-commerce foray has investors cheering.
The technical signs of the iPhone maker would indicate that new highs are the path of least resistance for its shares.
I would be a buyer of a call spread in this ETF.
The path of least resistance is higher prices. Here is how to play it.
* The bears' skepticism (and cautious market positioning) coupled with their collective cynicism towards medical and scientific innovation, and the inevitability of the curve's flattening along with an "all in" Fed, have fueled the market recovery f...
Apple, Qualcomm, Cisco and Boeing are all named in the firing line as China prepares defenses against U.S. Commerce Department attack.
Giphy monetizes its GIF and sticker-sharing platform via sponsored GIFs that can be shared on Facebook's apps, as well as on third-party platforms such as Twitter and iMessage.
A major theme of late has been the outperformance by post-pandemic names in groups such as biotech.
* I am watching closely for a change in leadership and a pivot from growth to value * A skeptical view of a bifurcated market led by a handful of high growth stocks (FAANG plus MSFT) that have done the market's heavy lifting * Reviewing the attribut...
NYSE will reopen the floor in a limited way, banks were in the headlines and Semis lead the rise.
I have always appreciated this column as an outlet for the process I use before making any and all investment decisions.
* Making some moves now... I have added to . I am reestablishing long positions in $99.90 and $103.70. I am adding to and . I covered a small amount of my $303 and $101.30 shorts.
* Breadth still nasty at 10-1 negative. * No real stability, yet. * Oil down two bits. * Gold +$9. * Bond yields down three to four basis points. * Energy, retail, financials, real estate, gaming, industrials broadly lower. * The only green on my ma...
Fed Chair Jerome Powell's comments Wednesday morning will be closely scrutinized.
Technically the late-day selling is not a major negative, as plenty of charts need rest.
We can't wait for a vaccine, but we can follow logical guidelines for staying as safe as possible, helping us avoid another Great Depression.
While some analysts might suggest a potential double-top pattern, I think we'll see higher prices -- not a downside reversal.
As we look at why the S&P 500 is stuck in its narrow range, we see every retail investor and trader chase the same basket of names higher, edging closer to a technical point where the market could lose its support.
Here are some groups and names I've got my eye on.
This is both a bear market and a major rotation with some significant new leaders.
* So jus' chill, 'til the next episode As we approach lunchtime and just for giggles, let's revisit and have a singalong to a column I wrote six years ago when Dr. Dre sold "Beats" to Apple for over $3 billion... "Nuthin' But a P/E Thang." The point...
The bullish reversal pattern is appearing not just in single names, but also in whole sectors.
Besides the earnings beat (which looks clean), the most important factor in the ViacomCBS release is the expanded distribution agreement with Alphabet . I continue to believe that VIAC is a logical fit with a number of companies - including Google...
I am back - it appears the main line water leak is bigger than I thought (so it will be addressed at 7:30 am tomorrow morning). Today's market action seems so-so, with Qs (Nasdaq) over Ss (S&P). I just added to at $220.35. Though new highs expanded,...